A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Is it naptime yet?

It's been one of those weeks... During our big exploration weekend in Columbus, I came down with a cold. Some may blame it on the crazy hotel air-conditioner (which I slept next to), but I blame it on sheer exhaustion. I can take just so much, then I totally break down. So the cold showed up on Saturday. On Monday, after we got back, I added the flu on top of it. So I was coughing, sneezing, sniffling, and making sacrifices to the porcelain god. I can't remember the last time I was that sick. Is it a bad omen that I went to visit my prospective future home and returned sicker than I'd been in years? It doesn't sound good to me...

Anyway, while I was passed out on the couch this week, I thought I'd make myself a chunky hat. Good sick-day project, right? Well, the pattern called for 50 yards of yarn, which I had, so I knit the thing up, and I discovered that I had one row to knit and the stitching to do, and I didn't have enough yarn. ACK! So now the stupid thing is tossed aside on the living room floor. I'll figure out what to do with it when I'm more coherent.

I have, however, had plenty of time to knit this week. So I finished the back of my poncho, and I started on the front. Considering the temperatures are barely getting into the 70s this week, I've got to get busy so I can wear the thing soon!

As for the move, who the heck knows what will happen. We found out about it four weeks ago. We visited a week ago. And now it's going to be another week before anything's definite. I'm in limbo, and I don't like it. The only thing I can do is clean out my closets and throw out stuff I don't use and use up my stash and eat the stuff that's in the kitchen cupboards -- so I'll have less to pack when The Move happens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]