A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, September 20, 2004

Disaster averted...

On Friday night, while I was quietly minding my own business, working on my poncho in front of the TV, disaster struck. I went to get skein #4 from the bag under the bed, and I found that it was the last skein. That was bad. The pattern calls for five skeins--not four. But then I stopped to think about it...originally, I'd bought the yarn for a sweater. Then I found the poncho, and I decided to make that instead. Unfortunately, the sweater only called for four skeins--but the poncho requires five.

That's when I started kicking myself. Last month, Pagoda (the color of Homespun I'm using) was on the clearance table at A.C. Moore. I thought about picking up another skein, but I didn't know the dye lot. Now, looking back, I should have gone home and found the dye lot--or called home and asked Paul to check it for me. If nothing else, I could have made a scarf out of it.

But no... I talked myself out of buying that extra skein, thinking that it would just add an unnecessary skein to my stash.

Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well on Friday night.

So on Saturday, we made an emergency trip out to Michaels and A.C. Moore, both of whom had Homespun on sale. The problem: it looks like Pagoda has been discontinued. So I had to come up with a backup plan. Pagoda is a black, white, and red mix, so I figured I'd just do a stripe of something else. Paul helped me select a black, white, and grey mix--which, I must admit, now that I've finished the whole stripe, looks pretty cool. So even though I wasn't planning on making a big stripe in the middle of my poncho, it'll look like I planned it.

Thanks to the cold, rainy weather this weekend, I did a ton of knitting. I'm on my final skein now. I'm working on my decreases, and it won't be long until I'm shaping the shoulders.

In other news, we've got three days until we find out if we're moving. Paul's a lot calmer about it than I am, which is good, since he's the one who has to do the negotiating. Meanwhile, I'll just sit here and wait...and wait...and wait.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Health News said...

yeah truly a great site.I really enjoyed my visit.

2:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]