A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Sunday, May 07, 2006

I Need Help

I am seriously in need of help. I can't stop buying yarn. I can't do it.

On Friday afternoon, I had to run out to the library to pick up a stack of books I'd reserved. On my way home, my car *refused* to go the right way. Instead, it kidnapped me and took me straight to Hobby Lobby. I swear I had nothing to do with it. It was the car's fault. But, while I was there, I figured I might as well go in and buy more yarn, since it was 50% off and all.

As I stood in line, my arms full of more yarn once again, I kept telling myself, "You have a disease. You need help."

I figure it could be worse, though. Instead of spending the weekend cleaning toilets and scrubbing floors, I could have been in Maryland, where I would have undoubtedly been blowing the money that my conscientious husband has been saving for our retirement. The pictures are already starting to roll in -- and I have to tell you how very jealous I am. I can hardly stand it. I desperately wanted to go. In fact, I have a Maryland Fund -- I've been saving my quarters and dimes and nickels and pennies since last year (and -- don't tell Paul, but I've been taking the change he dumps out of his pockets and leaves around the house, too...).

The Mitten Maven tells me that we're getting a caravan together next year, and we're all going, and I am so there.

On the bright side, however, I've had time this weekend to work on the Adamas. I'm almost to the point where I won't be able to spread the stitches out over the needle anymore, so I'll post a picture soon...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Change left around the house is definitely fair game.

I would so drive to Maryland for yarn... but my family would probably kill me,

9:18 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I've been drooling over other knitblogger's festival photos, too... and next year I'm sooo there!

and really, it was 50% off! noone can resist yarn that is 50% off. :-)

8:32 AM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Okay. We're all going. We'll carpool together.

12:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]