A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, April 24, 2006

A Day Late...

Ah, the story of my life.

On Saturday, I continued my quest for long circular needles. Still fearing the humidity/silk combination that created problems for my shawl, I really, really, really wanted to find something in a nice long bamboo, since my temporary needle (bamboo, about 24") had been working so well. But alas, I checked the LYS, Hobby Lobby, and Michael's, and no one had over a 29". So I went to JoAnn's on Saturday, only to find that I'd missed a humongous clearance sale. How on earth did I miss that? As I walked through the yarn section, I found bin after bin that had the regular tag covered up by a bright pink tag. Unfortunately, almost all of those bins were already empty. The only clearance yarns left were the ones that had been picked over -- the colors and the yarns that no one wanted, even at clearance prices. I was on my cell with my mom at the time, and she got to listen to me storming through the store, totally ticked off that I'd somehow missed such a huge sale. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

The only decent yarns left were a few colors of a cute baby yarn, which I talked myself out of buying. Like I need more baby yarn...

So I've given up my quest for the holy grail, er, circular needle. Obviously, it's just not meant to be. So I took a deep breath yesterday and knit back onto my Denise needles. As I worked with them yesterday, I realized the problem. When working with Denise #5s, the needle and the cable are practically the same size. There's no thin cable to slide the needles across. The constant tugging (which, incidentally, I'm doing much more carefully now than before) is starting to bug me -- and I'm seriously tempted to slap down the $15 to get some Addis. My stubbornness is still winning out, but we'll see what happens after another day of working on the Denises.

This weekend was another pretty good weekend for knitting. I'm now almost finished with sleeve #1 on the orange sweater. And yesterday I finished another repeat on the shawl yesterday while enjoying some fresh air out on the deck.

I was going to post pictures, but I forgot to charge the batteries in the camera. Oops... It'll just have to wait until tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

There's always the internet. Heck, Amazon has 36inch for under $9... they'll charge you $5 for shipping. That just puts it up close to the price of addis.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083OMV2/qid=1145906288/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-5420796-4882561?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A15FQPGSF5C19E&s=home-garden&v=glance&n=1055398

2:21 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

I haven't knit a stitch on the adamas in over a week...

I'm having the same problem you are with needles - i was thinking about buying one of the long denise cables... they sell 40" and 52" cords for $6.50 on their website:
http://www.knitdenise.com

4:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]