A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, April 17, 2006

...And a Boy.

I got an announcement for Baby #3 over the weekend. The little guy arrived after 22 hours of labor (YEOUCH!), and after a week, the poor mom is up to just two hours of sleep at a time.

The tired new mom is a crocheter -- and the pictures she sent of the little guy had him wrapped in a really cute blue blanket. I actually remember her mentioning the blanket before. When she emailed everyone to announce that they were having a boy, she said that she was relieved -- because she'd already been working on a blue blanket.

In sweater news, I've come a long way...

This was my Thursday picture:


And this is my Monday picture:


As for my yarn supply, I think I'm pretty safe. I've already started the Love Handle Increases (my term -- not the pattern's), so I only have a few inches to go on the body. I think I've got three inches left. I may be close to the end of the current skein, but I have two more to go. I finished almost the entire body in three skeins -- I think I should be able to pull off some decent sleeves with just under two.

And, in other news, I broke my personal Adamas record yesterday. While cooking up my ginormous Easter meal, I cranked out a few rows. After dinner, while Paul was working off some ham (and making room for pie) by mowing the lawn, I sat on the deck and did a few more. Later, while watching Desperate Housewives, I finished a few more. Yesterday's grand total: 10 rows. Woohoo! I didn't even have to rip out any rows.

Apparently, I should eat loads of chocolate all the time. It improves my ability to knit lace...even while watching TV!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

Sweater looks great so far! If that's what you want to call it at least. Where do you find all these great patterns?

7:22 PM

 
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Thanks for the birthday comment! Your sweater looks fabulous… I love love love that color. And 10 rows in one day is really, really, really impressive…

12:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah. I need to go and work on mine and catch up - I am only on the last waist decrease. Of course, now I want to try it on and see if mine looks as good as yours!

2:15 PM

 
Blogger Lady Strathconn said...

Looks so pretty. I love the color.

4:13 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Thanks LS! I went through a few phases with it. First, I *loved* it. Then, as I was working on it, I thought, Whoa...this is really bright! But now I love it again. It's so cheery.

1:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]