All Buttoned Up
Last weekend, I brought Baby Sweater #1 along to Toronto, where our friends were awaiting their first child any minute. Unfortunately, that minute didn't happen while we were in town, so I left the sweater -- and the buttons -- behind. After they announced the birth of their little girl yesterday, my MIL sewed on the buttons. I have to admit I'm happy that they had a girl -- I really liked the flower buttons I picked out.
Here's Baby Hazel's finished sweater:
I took a few pictures of the orange sweater-in-progress yesterday -- but then I worked on it a bunch, and now the picture is totally out of date. I'll just have to take another one later.
It's coming right along -- I'd say it's almost down to my waist. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping I have enough yarn. Like an idiot, I only estimated my yardage instead of doing the real math -- meaning that I ended up with just 10 yards more than the pattern calls for. Since I'm 5'10", I usually need to add a little length -- so Paul's already helping me come up with my back-up plans:
a) I can have the store ship me one more skein.
b) I can make the sleeve shorter than the pattern calls for.
I could also
c) Rip it out and make it just a tad bit more fitted. But I've decided that I'm past the point of no return. I'm not frogging.
I've just finished 2 skeins. Three to go. Considering where I am right now -- and the fact that the sleeves aren't full-length -- I'm cautiously optimistic.