A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Wheels

Finally! I have a car again! Unfortunately, it's not my car. Today is the one-month anniversary of The Accident. And, despite the fact that I was supposed to get my car back more than a week ago, it's still in the shop. But the people at the shop took pity on me (and I didn't even have to cry real tears), and they got me a rental. So it may not be my car, but it is a car, and that's what matters. I can actually leave the house if I want to.

So that, of course, is what I did today. I got in my shiny red Chevy Cobalt (which has power-nothing, but I'm not complaining -- I just kinda forgot how to actually lock the doors manually), and I drove. It was wonderful.

This afternoon, I met Julie at our usual hangout so we could knit while her little one was in school.

Julie never ceases to amaze me. She actually brought lace to work on, whereas I had a hard enough time trying to converse while counting stitches for my scarf. But here she is (in her standard project-in-front-of-the-face shot):



Julie has become somewhat like the Wilson (from Home Improvement) of my blog. She often makes appearances, but you never get to see her face. She does have one -- a very nice one. And she's got a great new 'do. But you'll just have to take my word for it.

After sippin' and knittin' with Julie, I took my Cobalt to Target, where I wandered around and bought myself yoga pants. And then, on my way home, I made a quick trip to JoAnn's. I hadn't been there in over a month (!!) -- and while I didn't actually buy anything, it was just good to be back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lace is so pretty! A shiny red Cobalt doesn't sound tooo bad.

5:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]