A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Friday, January 20, 2006

ADD

Do you ever have one of those ADD days -- when you just can't seem to focus on anything for more than about 30 seconds at a time? That's today. This always seems to happen when (a) I'm getting ready to leave on a trip, or (b) when someone's coming to visit. This time, it's (b). My brother and sister-in-law and the kids are on their way. They've never actually visited us since we left Michigan almost four years ago, so I'm too excited to sit.

So here's a sample list of the things I did today:

- Finished up the Barbie vest for Kaari (I was going to do a matching skirt, but I ran out of time)
- Ordered new contacts
- Printed off the rest of my manuscript
- Paced through the house
- Proofed my daily quota of 32 pages of my manuscript (which is due back at the publisher on Feb. 1)
- Cleaned random things that I forgot to dust before (like various edges of floor molding, though I didn't dust *all* of it, which is fine, since who the heck looks at people's floor molding, anyway?)
- Made coffee
- Went for a walk and got the mail
- Read a book I'm supposed to review
- Changed all the towels in the house
- Ran a load of whites
- Tried writing something for about a minute and a half before giving up
- Flipped through a couple of pages of Vogue Knitting
- Charged the batteries for the digital camera
- Made cup-a-soup for lunch
- Flipped through the new WEBS catalog
- And the latest Joann ad
- Put together my list of things to order from KnitPicks (Julie talked me into using my very own hand-dyes to make Klaralund)
- Scrubbed the kitchen sink
- Visited Elann and a few other good yarn sites
- Talked to Julie on the phone -- twice
- Started reading a book on yoga, which just arrived today (even though I still haven't finished the horrible book that I'm still trudging through
- Snapped some pictures

The last time I saw my sister-in-law, she said that the kids could use tooth fairy pouches. So I came up with these:



I finished knitting them a while ago, but I just needle-felted the teeth (do they look like teeth) the other night. I didn't sew closures on them yet, but I haven't been able to decide what to use, so I'm going to let my SIL take them back to Mom for the finishing touches.

And here's my Birch update:



When I look at the picture, I think Geez, is that it? but I really have gotten quite a bit done. Just ask Paul -- I'm well past half-way. I'm getting the hang of it, and the rows are getting shorter. The only things holding me back are the markers, which I have to move every 8 rows (and I know I'd jinx it if I went without them), and the lifeline, which I reposition every 16 rows (I could probably go without the lifeline, since the pattern's pretty easy, but again, I don't want to jinx it).

The countdown for our guests' arrival is at about 2 hours and 20 minutes now. Maybe I'll try a new yoga pose. Or maybe I'll actually fold the laundry. Or maybe I'll try reading. Or proofing a few more pages. Or maybe I'll bake some cookies. Or maybe I'll finish dusting all of the floor molding...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute tooth fairy pouches! What a great idea.

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Jay said...

Love them... lucky kids! Money from the tooth fairy and something to put all that loot in!

11:48 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Thanks Lil and Jay! I have to credit my sister-in-law with the inspiration, but I think they turned out pretty well. Apparently my nephew still has a tooth that's been sitting around, and he's been waiting for the perfect opportunity to hit up the Tooth Fairy. I have a feeling he'll be testing out the new pouch soon...

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]