A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Freedom!

After almost three straight days of being trapped in the house with no vehicle, I was set free this morning by Julie, who decided that we were seriously in need of some yarn shopping. We started in Dublin. We perused quickly before running off to Starbucks to get some coffee to go with the package of stroopwafels that I'd brought along. I could tell that Julie was pretty skeptical about stroopwafels. She wasn't sure that they'd live up to my incessant raves. But now she knows that I wasn't kidding. They're just that good. Just ask her. She held the remaining stroopwafels from the package hostage. It would have taken a small army to wrestle them away from her. I'm telling you. They're that good.

Our next stop was the Merc, where we stayed much too long. But how can you not? Miss Carol was there briefly, and Miss Kay, the Sock Princess, was working (as always) on a gorgeous pair of socks. Aunt Gerry was there wearing an absolutely gorgeous lace scarf that she'd knit out of self-striping sock yarn, and now I need one, too (don't forget to send me the link, Gerry!).

As always, I got all kinds of inspiration and all kinds of ideas -- and I picked up a copy of the new Vogue Knitting while I was at it. All in all, it was a fabulous morning. It was wonderful to see all the crazy Merc girls again. And it was wonderful to get out of the house. Thanks Jules. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good to see you again at the Merc. You are greatly missed. Enjoyed the pics. See you soon for coffee and knitting. The Self Proclaimed Sock Princess.

3:06 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Thanks Princess :) It was wonderful to see you, too. We'll do coffee soon -- maybe next Thursday, if I can get a ride...

3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]