A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

SNB Makes the Local News

Last night was Movie Night for the Kramer Household (we saw Just Friends, incidentally, which was way funnier than I expected), so I didn't get a ton of knitting time. I did, however, get to work on the scarf for a while after Paul went to bed (early meeting this morning).

I finished the N, which also means that I finished the second page of charts.



I was just about to turn off the TV and pull out a book when I saw the opening to the local news -- and there, on the screen, was a pair of needles and the newscaster's voice talking about a company that's trying to shut down local knitting groups. I hurried to get a tape in the VCR (once again thinking about how nice it would be to get a TiVo) and sat back down with my scarf to watch the news.

The story finally ran at about 11:20 -- for what seemed like about a minute. And I'll admit I was a little disappointed. Instead of showing one of the many groups that meet in the Columbus area, they showed just one girl -- and a few computer screen shots. They barely even explained the situation. But hey -- coverage is coverage.

I told Julie that she needs to give one of the competing stations a call and have them send a camera to tonight's SNB group.

Elsewhere in the news, I finally jumped on the bandwagon and signed up for my very own Bloglines account -- and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. Now, instead of clicking through the whole list of every last blog that I like to read (the list of which seems to grow every day) on a daily (and sometimes semi-daily) basis, I can just pull of my Bloglines page and know exactly what's new. And with all the time I save, I can knit a few extra rows every day. I tell ya -- it's pure genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]