A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

We Have a Winner!

I was going to draw the winner of the De-Lurking/School Spirit Week contest yesterday, but my Internet connection went down, making for a pretty terrible afternoon (what the heck did I do *before* the Internet?). So I drew the winner today instead.

And the winner is...

Ashley!

In other news, I jinxed myself. Just the other day, I was thinking how great it was that I'd managed to make it this far through the winter without getting sick. Back in the day, I'd get sick in October, and I'd start feeling better around May. But this year...nothin'. That is, of course, until yesterday, when I woke up with that tell-tale scratchy throat. So I drank lots of water, hoping to drown whatever was down there.

In the afternoon, I headed out in my rental car to go and knit with the girlies. Miss E had an othodontist appointment, so I wasn't really expecting much of a crowd. I figured it would just be me and Miss H, who always shows up late anyway, so I stopped by Starbucks and bought myself some nice herbal tea.

Miss C was waiting for me when I got there. She was soon followed by Miss S, who's new this year, Miss A, a newbie, who just learned yesterday (and, incidentally, did an excellent job), and, of course, Miss H, who started a new felted bag yesterday. That's four girls, all knitting away (most of the time -- though Miss C has a tendency to knit a row and then stare off into nowhere for a few minutes before starting up again). It did my heart good.

By the time I got home, I was ready for a nap. I curled up on the couch and got to work on finishing up a knitted gift for Mom, who's coming to visit this weekend (yea!). She's bringing Dad, too. And the chainsaw. Should be an exciting weekend.

After a while, though, I decided I was too tired to knit (!!), so I watched TV until I fell asleep. I'm hoping that if I just sleep a lot and drink lots of water, it'll just give up and go away. I intend to fight this thing for all it's worth. After all, Mom's coming this weekend, and I have to be fit and healthy for our shopping marathon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]