A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hi-ho! Kermit the Frog Here...

Obviously, I haven't had a ton of time to work on Kermit, since I'm been busy trying to finish Adamas -- but here he is, after his first few rows:


I met Beth at Hobby Lobby for a quick lunch-time yarn excursion. Unfortunately, they didn't have this particular yarn in good Elmo colors (they have a wonderful Miss Piggy, though, SP!), but we found something similar. She also picked up this yarn in more of an Oscar the Grouch colorway (which is actually quite pleasant)...

So anyway...yesterday was yet another Monday. I always find it amazing that I manage to show up at the store at all -- Mondays are so frantic. I run and run and run all day, trying to get everything done before I have to leave. Then I fly out the door, always convinced that I'm going to be late (though I always manage to show up on time). And then, after all that running, I need to somehow sit down and knit -- and be calm and patient. Sometimes, however, I'll admit that I wish there were something other than just water in my water bottle.

We had three girls again this week. Miss S was there, ready to finish up her Barbie rug. I helped her bind off, and she spent the rest of the time experimenting with something in the corner and snapping at anyone who offered to help her learn to purl. Miss AL returned as well -- this time, working on a cell phone case and generally sitting there, wide-eyed at the goings-on on the other side of the room. Miss H actually showed up right on time this week -- because her grandma finally came back from Florida. Yea for Grandma! It felt like Miss H's grandma had been gone forever -- and it was wonderful to have her back.

Miss H was once again working on her scarf. This time, though, we (mostly) knew what we were doing -- so I helped her figure out the pattern, and she was ready to go. Meanwhile, I got to listen to discussions about the changes in odor as urine ages and about exactly how much candy each girl should be allowed to take out of the candy jar (Miss S's assumption being that she should be able to take as much as she can shove in her mouth and/or pockets). I also heard the chorus of "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka-Dot Bikini" about 8,000 times.

We also continued our discussion about whether or not it's still a free country once they're inside the store. Miss S (who was particularly cantankerous this week) is still positive that it's always a free country, while Miss H has declared that, once inside the store, it is a dictatorship (me being the dictator).

Then Miss S declared that she was mad at everybody.

Meanwhile, poor Miss AL looked on in terror, and I begged Miss S and Miss H to be nice, so as not to scare another one away. Because, according to Miss S, our group is so frightening to newcomers that not only do they quit coming -- but they actually move out of the state just to get away from us. I had no idea... But I kinda like little Miss AL, and I'd like to keep her from leaving the state, if at all possible.

In other news, last night we finally worked on cleaning up the post-project clutter in the basement. One project just led to another down there, and now we've done all kinds of patching and touching-up. But now my knitting corner is somewhat back to normal. And I love it...

5 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

Your knitting corner is awesome! Love the yarn on display on the bookshelf…

So a muppet knit along? Animal was always my fav!

1:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK... what kind of mood am I in???
Elmo or Oscar??? I think *today* I'll be Elmo and start the red Muppet shawl. SP - there was pink yarn for a Miss Piggy shawl - you must check it out. Thanks Jill for showing me around the store.. so many types of yarn... so little time - this could be dangerous!
BTW... what color was Animal?

5:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Piggy here I come. Just what I need, more yarn and a new project. Maybe I'll actually finish this one.

4:29 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Animal was my favorite, too -- closely followed by the Swedish Chef. :) I think he was reddish, right?

9:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After checking... 'Animal' is indeed RED http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search/102-9242908-9186566?search-type=ss&keyword=Muppet&index=toys

10:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]