A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Friday, December 16, 2005

Recovery Time

After two weeks of working on The Socks, I have to admit that I was pretty burned out. So I worked on nice brainless stuff yesterday. I ripped out two fabulous Barbie ponchos -- one summery pink one and one fuzzier blue one (as modeled by my monkey, who may need a poncho of his own).



I also started working on a nice gifty bag. I figure the cutesy purple and white bag will hide the fact that the socks inside look like mutant socks.



I know I need to continue working on my sister-in-law's felted tote at some point. But last night, I just needed some time off.

Besides the knitting stuff, yesterday was pretty crazy. For one thing, the games editor over at NightsAndWeekends.com decided that she didn't want to be the games editor anymore. I went into a panic, since the last thing I need is to take on more editorial responsibilities on top of the ones I already have. But, as it turns out, we did a little flip-flopping, and she's going to take over movies instead.

But that still leaves me with a shortage on the games side. Is anyone out there interested in board games? I need some new reviewers -- and possibly a new editor. It isn't a paid position, I'm afraid, but it's great exposure -- and we occasionally get some pretty cool free games to review. If you love board games and you'd like to review them from time to time, let me know.

In other news, the trip to Delft is on. Paul's new boss might be bringing his girlfriend as well, so I might have someone to play tour guide for. I hope she knits. If not, she'll learn. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]