A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Eagerly-anticipated magazines...

I was in Barnes & Noble today, browsing for a bit before treating myself to a non-fat decaf mocha with no whipped cream (sheesh...am I getting old or what?), when I spotted two new magazines that I'd been eagerly awaiting. First was the new Interweave. I was flipping through, drooling over the new patterns, when, out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the new KnitSimple. I read about it months ago -- in the letter that Vogue Knitting had sent to all the stores that carried Family Circle Easy Knitting. Apparently, Vogue used to work with FC to put out FCEK. But they've since split, and now Vogue is putting out an easy-knitting magazine of their own. Oddly, there's no web site -- and no mention on the Vogue Knitting site. Anyway...I almost shoved a poor old man who had been perusing magazines for deer hunters or antiques collectors or something like that to get at the magazine, but I grabbed it, sat my butt down on the floor, and did a quick flip-through. On my quick first pass, I didn't see anything I had to have right that minute, so -- believe it or not -- I refrained from purchasing a copy (though I can't say I won't run out and buy it tomorrow -- or pick up a copy when I'm at the store on Monday). But I did swipe the subscription card from inside the magazine to bring home and staple to my Christmas list.

Has anyone picked up a copy yet? Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.knitsimplemag.com

If you like FCEK, then you'll certainly like Knit Simple as well. The type of patterns and general style of both magazines are pretty much identical.

2:37 AM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Thanks, Laura! I actually got a chance to flip through it at the LYS the other day, and it wasn't bad... The girls in my kids' knitting group went nuts over the fun fur bear rugs. :)

9:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]