A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, November 28, 2005

Another weekend, another FO

We had an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving weekend (definitely a weekend to be thankful for)! What did we do? Very little.

On Wednesday night, I hit the road with Barbara. Despite the fact that it had been snowing all day, and people were driving like they'd never seen snow before, we decided to go and check out a new store that just opened. We had to turn around several times before we made it there, but we did. The stock isn't all that impressive yet, but the store definitely has possibilities... After stopping by the store, we hit the mall. We had dinner and did some shopping and soaked in the Christmas spirit.

On Thursday, Paul and I cooked up our turkey. It was huge, and we'll be eating turkey forever (anyone got any good recipes using left-over turkey?), but it was tasty. Other than our feast, we just hung out all day. I finished two aliens on the scarf.

On Friday, we stayed out of the stores. Instead, we rearranged our basement a bit. And at night, I hung out at Julie's place while the boys went to the hockey game. We watched the game for a while, too, but when it got too depressing (0-5), we decided to watch The Holy Grail instead.

We were planning on buying a big storage cabinet for the basement on Saturday, but, we should have known, Lowe's was out of the one we wanted. So instead of organizing the basement, we bought our Christmas goodies. Since we moved into the house last Thanksgiving, we were pretty busy in December, and we didn't even end up getting a tree (besides our tiny apartment-sized tree). So we went out and bought ourselves a Christmas tree of our very own this weekend. We put it up yesterday -- and we started decorating the house. Though most of the neighbors were busily hanging lights on their eaves this weekend, we didn't do anything outside yet. Paul's still working on his Christmas Light Plan.

After all the sitting around this weekend, I finally finished the Alien Scarf:


Six Little Aliens Posted by Picasa

I love it so much that it's going to be very difficult to give away. So to appease me, Paul started drawing up some new shadow knitting patterns yesterday. I'm going to give the first one a try (sometime in the midst of my frantic holiday knitting), and I'll let you know how it turns out...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous Scarf: This is the first illusion scarfe that grabbed me. I don't think I could give it away! There is something so compelling about 12 alien eyes ready to flash out at you from the black!

1:21 PM

 
Blogger kdk said...

Thanks, Suzanne! I can't even tell you how exciting it was to knit the alien scarf (and it's going to be *very hard* to give it away -- I may have to make another one for myself after Christmas). My husband thought it was hilarious how excited I was -- but I think he was more intrigued by it than he let on, since he's now busily designing shadow knitting patterns for me and my friends. I'll be seeing my friend who's doing the bike tread pattern scarf tomorrow, so I'll be sure to take a picture and post it.

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]