A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, December 05, 2005

Sock Wars: Day 5

Day Five:
Progress Made: Finished heel and gusset of first sock. No kidding!
Vodka Tonics Consumed: Three -- until we ran out of tonic. I was then forced to move to chardonnay
Pieces of Fudge Eaten: Let's not go there.


Day 5 Posted by Picasa

I know. I'm just as stunned as you are. Since Thursday, I've cranked out a very large portion of a sock. Not that it was easy or anything. I had some major incidents on Saturday, while I was working on the heel flap. It involved dropped stitches, which I caught with a spare nail that Paul happened to have in his pocket, and many unsavory words. Then there was the yarn splitting (or at least I think that's what happened), which resulted in an extra stitch that took an eternity to find. Also on Saturday night: I was knitting along in my pretty stripe pattern when I came to a knot. A KNOT! It ruined the pattern, but it's not something that you notice right away, thank goodness. And there was no way in heck I was going to waste all that yarn fixing it. I would have run out. Grrr!

Needless to say, I almost ditched the whole sock thing on Saturday. But I got back on that horse and turned the heel yesterday. Go me! In fact, I must say that it's the best-looking sock I've done so far. I just have to keep the momentum up long enough to finish this one and the next one...

So while I was sitting there last night, knitting so frantically that I was most likely panting a little bit, Paul looked at me and said, "So when are you going to finish *my* socks?" Considering I still haven't finished my own pair of socks, which I believe I started in June, I'm guessing his will be finished in 2010.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]