A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Monday, December 19, 2005

The Final Stretch...

Things are getting down to the wire in terms of Christmas knitting. Fortunately, I've finished the urgent stuff. I have one little project to finish before heading out to the in-laws on Monday, but that shouldn't take more than an hour and a half. I'm feeling good.

Over the weekend, I finished my little gifty bag for The Socks. Do you think the cute little bag will hide the fact that the gift inside doesn't look quite right until it's actually on one's feet?



If not, this one's out of my hands. There's nothing else I can do about it. I tried, darnit.

In other gift-knitting news. I got back to work on my sister-in-law's tote bag. It's going to be another Sentimental Stripes Tote. On Saturday, I exchanged notes with Paul, and we agreed on the best stripe pattern. Then I got to work. The stripes represent all the birthdays in the family, as well as their anniversary -- and I think it's going to turn out to be pretty cool. I'm especially excited about the blues, which I dyed myself.



Fortunately, there's no rush on this one. It doesn't have to be done until January 19th. Plenty of time. And, considering I'm already half-way through the stripes, which I just started this weekend, I should be done in no time.

In travel news, we booked our flights to Delft this weekend -- and we'll be leaving two weeks from tomorrow. My greatest concern now is trying to decide which projects to work on while I'm gone. So here's my question: what's your favorite project to work on while traveling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]