A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

On Friday, we hiked the Appalachian Trail for a whole 1.7 miles and back. It wasn't exactly a walk in the park, and we, brilliantly, had decided to change into our jeans, since it might be chilly in the mountains. It was hot and humid and exhausting, but it was worth every minute.

On Saturday, we celebrated our birthdays with a helicopter ride.


Old...but fearless and adventure-ready Posted by Picasa

It was unforgettable. Now we want our very own helicopter.

Perhaps part of our weekend helped us prove to ourselves that we may be old, but we're not slowing down. We can still hike miles up mountains without collapsing. We're not afraid to soar through the air, just feet above the tree tops. My brother-in-law (who just turned 21) tells me that I'm now to the age when I can start beginning sentences with "When I was your age..." I look forward to his 30th birthday. I'll be sure to tell him, "When I was your age, I was climbing mountains and flying in helicopters..." :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]