A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

19 days and counting...

Nineteen days from right now, Paul and I will be sitting in our new home (on the floor, because there won't be any furniture until at least Tuesday or Wednesday). It can't come soon enough. We're both totally exhausted from spending our days (and nights) trying to get everything ready. But now we've got all of our utilities set up, and we've hired a mover, so we're on our way. Yesterday, I spent the entire day poring over paint samples, trying to choose a color palette for our living room. The winners: terra cotta and shades of blue (with some tan and perhaps a greenish-khaki thrown in).

To treat myself in the midst of house-planning insanity, I treated myself to a trip to A.C. Moore, where the yarn was 25% off. I didn't buy nearly as much as I wanted to (have you seen the new Lion Brand Festive Fur? I totally want to make myself a tinsel scarf for Christmas!) because it's just more stuff to move, but I did get myself some cotton for dishcloths for my new kitchen. They have some great new colors of Sugar 'n Cream, and my bathroom is in Hot Orange, Hot Green, and Yellow (or, if you ask me, citrus colors) -- so I got a skein of each, even though I don't know what to do with them yet.

In other project news, I finished that hush-hush gift last weekend. It's felted, though, so I'm going to wait until we get our very own washer to felt it. I've also been working on a poncho for Amy -- one that's just like mine. And I'm finishing up a patchwork-y scarf for myself (made out of free sample yarns from my LYS). Oh, yeah, and I made some baby booties for our friends' new little boy.

Though all the craziness, I just keep knitting. It makes me feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]