A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Oh, crap.

Yesterday, I spoke before thinking. Don't you hate when you do that?

I was having a frustrating day, so I took off for a while to check out the new yarn store in town. I was just about to leave (willpower kept me from purchasing anything) when I started chatting with one of the owners and before I knew it, I asked, "You wouldn't happen to be hiring, would you?"

It turns out, they're not. But they're open to the idea. And the next thing I know, I have an interview lined up for tomorrow morning. "Just bring in a few pieces for us to see," she told me.

WHAT?!

Okay, so first of all, it would be nice to have a part-time job outside the house, but do I really have time? I'm stressed out enough as it is. And I travel so much that I'll be constantly rearranging my schedule. That's not really good.

But now I have to bring in samples? I only want to be a clerk. I know how to work a computer -- what more do I need? Do I need to be able to knit cables? I'm sure I could -- I just haven't had the time to try. Do I need to be a sweater pro? 'Cuz again, I've never actually tried. I've designed a few of my own pieces, and I have a ton of scarves and felted bags that look very nice -- but a lot of the stuff I've made is now hanging in someone else's closet (most likely 340 miles away from here).

But I guess -- since I don't know if I actually want the job -- it's no big deal, right? If they don't like the stuff I bring in, I don't get a job. Who cares? But I just don't feel like having pros criticize my work right now. I'm fragile... :)

So wish me luck (or maybe not, since I don't really want the job). At least I'll go in with a few things, chat with them for a while, and maybe (if I'm not too humiliated by then) stick around for their 11:00 knit-along. And I'll report back tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]