A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

KIPing at the Cheap Theater

Last night, I went to the local super-cheap, second-run theater to see Pride & Prejudice -- a movie that I would never be able to take Paul to see without feeling guilty for the rest of my life. When I go to a movie by myself, I always bring some knitting -- nothing too involved, of course -- and sit in the back, where it's a little bit lighter, just in case... This time, I decided to work on another doll scarf that I'd promised for my niece (a purple scarf for her baby that cries real tears). Just for something different, I decided to knit it diagonally, in garter stitch.

By the time I got to the theater, all the back-row seats were taken, so I had to move in a little bit. It was a little intimidating, pulling out my needles in the middle of the theater, but I did it anyway. And heck, it was Pride & Prejudice, and the theater was filled with people who love old-fashioned girly movies about a time when women had nothing better to do than sit around and gossip and go to balls. I'm sure these are people who can appreciate doing one's knitting at the theater. Toward the end of the movie, I stopped knitting -- and then I came home to bind off and add some tassels. And that marks the end of my doll-scarf knitting for my niece (or at least until she gets another doll with a cold neck). Now I need to knit her that felted purse that I promised her...

After not being able to sleep on Monday night, I really did intend to go to bed early, but there was so much to do. After finishing the scarf, I decided to clean up my corner of the living room. I finished a dishcloth that I'd been working on from time to time, and I wound my leftover baby-blanket yarn into balls. Sure, there are still projects all over the place, but it's a start...

After all the knitting for pregnant friends that I've been doing lately, I decided it's time to be a little selfish for a while. So I think I'll be starting that Anthropologie capelet tonight. For me. I'm going to cook up my favorite chicken (the one that Paul doesn't like because it has curry in it, so I haven't had it in years) and maybe even some couscous (again, Paul doesn't like it). And then I'm going to watch America's Next Top Model, which I've started watching while Paul takes his pre-hockey game naps. And I will knit something for me. Because I deserve it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

I’ve never knit at a movie theater! I actually just hadn’t thought of it… it’s not too dark? I’m so going to have to try this….

And you definitely deserve to knit something for yourself!!!

4:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did the same thing through the same movie, only I had to go to the restroom in the middle of the movie to rip out several rows where I dropped a stitch!

9:55 PM

 
Blogger Ashley said...

I actually considered taking my knitting when I go out to the drive-in this summer. I'm too afraid I'll mess something up in a theater. That and my boyfriend would probably have a cow if I was knitting during a movie.

7:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]