A little bit of writing, a little bit of knitting...

Friday, May 21, 2004

Ready to knit...

My knitting group is coming over tonight, so I've spent the day cleaning and getting ready. But now the apartment is ready for guests. My bathroom is gunk-free. My kitchen floor has been scrubbed. The rugs have been shaken out. And there's a pan of Dutch boterkoek in the oven for snacks.


Last month was our first group meeting -- and there were only two of us. Tonight there should be five -- me and Lisa (the charter members), Amy, who's just learning, Lisa's friend Marcy, who's been knitting for years, and Lynn, who's never picked up needles before in her life. I'm sure it'll be a blast.


I have two projects on the needles right now -- both are shells, and both are peachy in color. One is the Reynolds Cabana shell that I got from Friends of Wool when I was visiting Mom back in March -- I'm doing that for the Tank Along. And the other is the boat neck shell from Knitty in a fuzzy peach Snowflake DK (from Sidar). I totally fell in love with the yarn, and I'll be going back to Hub Mills to buy more, since it's marked down for closeout. It'll be great for soft, warm scarves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



List Sites in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring

This site in the Free Knitting Patterns Netring
is owned by Pens and Needles.

[ Previous | Next | Random Site | List Sites | Join ]